Sunday 10 January 2010

Flashback Script

After setting out my plans for the OTS's scripted dialogue in my Film Noir Characters post, I went ahead and started writing a basic script for the flashback sequence. I returned to the script several times, revising and re-writing the script with the inclusion of different ideas. This method worked well, because I wanted the dialogue to seem rich with vague information; information that wouldn't make total sense to the audience, but would appear to be incredibly important. As a result, I decided that the Femme Fatale should repeatedly refer to a past event without ever actually describing it.

I am happy with this final copy of the script, because it is concise and ambiguous, but still reveals a considerable amount about the type of characters involved and hints towards the themes of crime and justice. 


Please click 'full' at the bottom of the box for a full-screen view of the document.OTS Flashback Script
View more documents from blainegjk.

No comments:

Post a Comment